Did you know, while you work towards you high school diploma, you can also be working towards your college degree? At Broward Technical Colleges, you can do it all with career dual enrollment.
What is Career Dual Enrollment?
Your time goes so much further with dual enrollment. You can simultaneously earn your high school diploma, obtain an industry credential or license, and even articulated college credit. You can even complete an industry-approved technical program while also working towards your high school graduation requirements.
Can I Enroll in Dual Enrollment?
There are a few requirements to enroll in dual enrollment at Broward Technical Colleges.
- Must be a Broward County full-time high school student
- Must be at least 16 years old and a junior in high school
- Must have completed at least 11 credits with a minimum 2.0 GPA
How Do I Enroll?
Before enrolling, there are a few steps you may need to go over:
- Review the Admissions Brochure
- Attend a CDE Orientation
- Submit a completed application (must be signed by your parents/guardians and guidance counselor)
- Take the Minimum Basic Skills Test, which is a state-regulated assessment of basic skills in math, reading, and language (or an approved alternative assessment)
- Meet with a program counselor to review your test scores and transcript
We encourage you to discuss your plans with your high school counselor to ensure your plans align with your high school goals and requirements.
What Classes are Available for Dual Enrollment?
Each of our technical colleges have a multitude of courses available for dual enrollment, such as:
- Architecture and Construction
- Business Management and Administration
- Health Science
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Information Technology
- Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics
Interested in enrolling in dual enrollment? We encourage to reach out and speak with one of our advisors today!